When it comes to making the outside area around your pool more beautiful, Pool Troopers has some suggestions for enhancing the surrounding landscaping and making your backyard a place of relaxation, enjoyment, and beauty. Entertaining and parties are more fun in a magical pool setting.
A landscape upgrade to your poolside area need not be expensive. There are affordable ways to surround the area with beauty and create a new space. You do not need to call in the pros unless you want to; these ideas are do-it-yourself and will take less than a day to accomplish.
Before You Begin
You may want to rake around the area, pull out weeds and dead plants in garden areas, potted plants or lawn. Additionally, clean and sweep the deck area surroundings. You might also mow the surrounding lawn.
You might want to grab a pencil and paper to sketch out just what you will be doing, so you have a plan in advance. It need not be fancy, as well as you know what it means!
Some Easy Landscaping and Lighting Ideas
1. Underwater LED lighting effects – brighten the inside of your pool and add drama to the setting with the addition of LED lights. They are available in a range of colors, and some can even change color. Set the mood for entertaining with unique lighting. LED lighting is energy-efficient, so your energy bill will be brighter as well.
2. Strings of lighting – add a festive look to the outdoor area. To be safe, keep them away from the water area and decorate the outside yard, enclosure or patio. Never
string lights or any electrical across the pool or any body of water. White LED Christmas lights are available for use throughout the year as well as during the holiday season.
3. Stone Walkways – can be added to the yard to connect the house and deck areas. Slabs can be better to walk on than grass, and a walkway adds a bit of elegance to your outside relaxation space. A mosaic effect with different colored stones or a look that matches the deck can be part of the design.
4. Fire Pits – Add lighting that includes the drama of fire with a natural feature that will enchant your guests and add the warmth of the group huddle. Illuminating the backyard, the fire will capture attention and add relaxation to the space. Great at any time of the year, the beauty of a glowing fire will be a wonderful addition to your backyard’s decor.
5. Accent plants – can range from a lush tropical oasis with creepers to a desert setting with stones and cacti. When seeking your green setting, be sure to choose plants that do not shed leaves into the water. Some types of greenery could include ivy or creepers, evergreen trees, shrubs, ornamental grasses or flowers that have a long blooming period. Some hints on tools and planting can be found here. If you do not want to get involved in replanting an entire area, the addition of potted plants in colorful pots or in planters made of painted, recycled tires might just do the trick. Potted plants can be grouped together for a more dramatic effect.
Plants to consider include:
- Aloe Vera
- Octopus agave
- Red justicia
- Weeping dalea
- and others
After you have beautified your swimming and entertaining area, choose Pool Troopers to make sure that your guests enjoy clean and healthy water. We offer conventional and premium services to ensure that your gorgeous swim area is also monitored to protect the health of family and friends. With our Freedom Guarantee, you can then sit back, relax, and enjoy the ambiance of your new backyard area and its landscaping that was done without a lot of cost and effort.